Sauna SupportFind troubleshooting articles and answers for questions related to any Clearlight® Sauna model
Add-On SupportFind troubleshooting articles and answers for questions related to any Clearlight® Add-On accessories
ManualsFind all Clearlight® Sauna and Add-On product manuals here available to download in PDF format
The maximum temperature on your saunas keypad display is purely a gauge. The keypad display’s maximum temperature reading is intended to provide a reference point rather than a strict limit or indication of the level it should be reaching.
Just as a speedometer in a car indicates the vehicle's potential speed but doesn't necessarily dictate that this is how fast you should drive, the sauna's keypad display purely showcases the highest temperature reading possible, not what temperature the sauna should be operating at.
It is important to keep in mind that our Infrared saunas are designed to be most therapeutic at temperatures of 45°C to 55°C for a total usage time of 20-45 minutes which differs from the traditional steam sauna. Clearlight® Infrared technology raises your core body temperature within the sauna rather than raising the temperature of the air itself, so it often doesn't feel as hot as what people can be used to even though this heat is actually more effective as it works on a deep cellular level within the body.
The sauna’s ability to heat up fast and achieve higher temperatures is limited by the surrounding ambient temperature, which will be affected by the geographical location, climate and positioning in the premises/garden. I do understand your sauna is placed within your gym/garage.
In a colder climate/season or exposed position, our saunas may only achieve temperatures in the 50’s, whereas in hot climates/summer and sheltered positions, they may achieve high 60’s to high 70’s.
Further to, our blog post here really delves in to understanding the temperatures of your Infrared sauna.
Please see the attached PDF guides for app set-up.
First, follow the WiFi frequencies set up followed by installing that app. The most essential initial task is to ensure it is on the 2.4GHz internet frequency. A 5Ghz frequency will not work. If you have previously installed the app we suggest deleting it from you device and starting from scratch by separating the WiFi frequencies first then re-downloading the app.
Here are a few other steps you can also try:
- In many cases a simple hard reset of the sauna can remedy connection issues. To reset, simply unplug the sauna for 60 seconds, let residual power drain out, plug back in and retry the app.
- Try connecting using another device.
- Check the device has the latest software updates/app updates.
- Your mobile phone and the app must be connected to the same 2.4GHz network - Some phones have dual networks.
- Be within close proximity to the router/router extension when connecting to the App.
- Reinstall the app - Try both the Clearlight® Sauna Connect App and the Jacuzzi App – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLeiqw7CrzE&feature=youtu.be
- After reinstalling the app create a new user account. Use an email address that has not been used before, and preferably not a Gmail account. Note: this does not even need to be a real email address as it is only used for setup.
- Ensure you are pressing and holding the power button until you hear the 'beep' prior to pressing 'setup' in the app. This initiates setup mode on the sauna and allows the app to communicate with the sauna.
- Make sure you are logged into your user account within the app. Pressing the user icon on the app interface will take you to the log-in screen.
- Enable Location access permission - this must be set to "Allow always" or "Allow while using this app". If the permission is denied, the app will not find your sauna.
- Perform the setup process once again. Ensure you are pressing and holding the power button until you hear the 'beep' prior to pressing 'setup' in the app. This initiates setup mode on the sauna and allows the app to communicate with the sauna.
- If the setup does not complete successfully, try entering your WiFi name/password manually. Clear the box and manually enter it in if it is auto-populated, to ensure it is completely correct.
- If you get stuck on the spinning wheel, let it continue for several minutes - it can take longer than expected.
Please see the below troubleshooting steps to resolve any bluetooth connectivity issues:
- Have you connected using the same device before? If yes, it is more likely a user error.
- Try connecting with a different smartphone or device.
- Are you within range of the sauna? Try connecting when you are standing next to the sauna.
- Delete the infrared sauna from the Bluetooth list, and try reconnecting.
- Unplug the sauna for 60 seconds either at the socket or fuse box/breaker switch if hard-wired - this will drain all the residual electricity in the sauna and effectively reset the electrical circuits.
- Check the connection of the Bluetooth circuit board in the roof - see attached PDF to locate.
- Connected but no sound - Does the auxiliary port in the compartment transmit audio from your device to the sauna speakers? If yes, then the speakers work and the fault is more than likely with the Bluetooth circuit board.
- Connected but no sound - Check that the toggle is switched to the on position - next to the speaker on the right-hand side as sitting. This toggle allows the user to switch the speakers in the ceiling on/off.
If unsuccessful with the above troubleshooting please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Care team.