Please see the attached PDF guides for app set-up.
First, follow the WiFi frequencies set up followed by installing that app. The most essential initial task is to ensure it is on the 2.4GHz internet frequency. A 5Ghz frequency will not work. If you have previously installed the app we suggest deleting it from you device and starting from scratch by separating the WiFi frequencies first then re-downloading the app.
Here are a few other steps you can also try:
- In many cases a simple hard reset of the sauna can remedy connection issues. To reset, simply unplug the sauna for 60 seconds, let residual power drain out, plug back in and retry the app.
- Try connecting using another device.
- Check the device has the latest software updates/app updates.
- Your mobile phone and the app must be connected to the same 2.4GHz network - Some phones have dual networks.
- Be within close proximity to the router/router extension when connecting to the App.
- Reinstall the app - Try both the Clearlight® Sauna Connect App and the Jacuzzi App – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLeiqw7CrzE&feature=youtu.be
- After reinstalling the app create a new user account. Use an email address that has not been used before, and preferably not a Gmail account. Note: this does not even need to be a real email address as it is only used for setup.
- Ensure you are pressing and holding the power button until you hear the 'beep' prior to pressing 'setup' in the app. This initiates setup mode on the sauna and allows the app to communicate with the sauna.
- Make sure you are logged into your user account within the app. Pressing the user icon on the app interface will take you to the log-in screen.
- Enable Location access permission - this must be set to "Allow always" or "Allow while using this app". If the permission is denied, the app will not find your sauna.
- Perform the setup process once again. Ensure you are pressing and holding the power button until you hear the 'beep' prior to pressing 'setup' in the app. This initiates setup mode on the sauna and allows the app to communicate with the sauna.
- If the setup does not complete successfully, try entering your WiFi name/password manually. Clear the box and manually enter it in if it is auto-populated, to ensure it is completely correct.
- If you get stuck on the spinning wheel, let it continue for several minutes - it can take longer than expected.