Colour light therapy has many benefits, ranging from emotional to physical. These chromotherapy benefits can help with:
- Reduced Swelling and Decreased Inflammation - Applying colour light therapy to swollen or inflamed areas has been known to help soothe the area and catalyse healing. This kind of chromotherapy treatment helps to relax the muscles and reverse irritation.
- Pain Relief - Because colour light therapy helps reduce swelling, inflammation, muscle tension, and other conditions typically associated with pain, the treatment often provides relief to patients.
- Accelerated Healing - Colour light treatment helps accelerate the body’s reparative efforts. Rejuvenative LED light therapy has been used to catalyse the healing of post-surgical scars, burns, wounds, and more.
- Increased Range of Motion - Treatments that utilise chromotherapy lights help lubricate joints and relax the surrounding muscles, resulting in increased range of motion. This results in many benefits, including improved flexibility and injury prevention.
- Decreased Muscle Tension - When applied to tight and tense muscle areas, colour light therapy helps dissolve knots and tension to relax the body. As a result, reduced stress is a collateral benefit of colour light therapy.
- Improved Circulation - Since different colours vibrate at different frequencies, certain colours can have similar effects as heat and can affect your body’s circulation. This chromotherapy benefit is enhanced when used in conjunction with an infrared sauna.
- Regulated Mood - Each colour in the spectrum elicits a specific feeling or response, one of which is regulated moods. Using light to stimulate our endocrine systems naturally regulates hormonal imbalances, mood changes, and even depression.
- Improved Sleeping Patterns - Mood regulation and muscle relaxation can result in improved sleeping patterns among persons that participate in colour light therapy. Combining chromotherapy with sauna use can enhance this benefit even further.
- Relief of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) - We all have an internal biological clock that helps us adjust to the cyclical nature of days and nights. With SAD, which is typically triggered in the winter months, that internal clock is thrown off by shorter days and lack of sunlight. That’s where colour light therapy comes in. Certain colour treatments can help to offset the effects of Seasonal Affective Disorder, which, in turn, helps regulate mood and improves sleeping patterns.
- Anti-Aging Benefits - Colour light therapy energises skin cells and reinvigorates inactive skin cells. This results in a boost in collagen production. A boost in collagen gives the skin a smooth appearance and improves its elasticity.
Please see the attached Colour Light Therapy infographic PDF for key benefits of each colour as well as the link here to read more.